NMC REVALIDATION SUPPORT
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) has introduced the process of revalidation for Nurses and Midwives which will undoubtedly improve professionalism and public protection .
The revalidation process expects you to display your wide scope of experience, knowledge and accomplishments through a series of code requirements provided by the NMC which you must comply with.
To complete your revalidation you will need the following supportive evidence:
- 450 practice hours, over the three years prior to the renewal of your registration
- 35 hours of continuing professional development which must be relevant to your practice as a nurse, 20 hours must be through participatory learning.
- Five written reflective accounts
- Five pieces of practice-related feedback
- Reflective discussion – completed with an NMC registered nurse
- Health and character declaration, declaring if you have been convicted of any criminal offence or issued with a formal caution
- Form signed by a confirmer
- Professional indemnity arrangement
At Nurselink , we know that you are the future of our agency and we will greatly invest in your professional development. We are a nursing agency run and managed by practising Registered nurses, so we are best placed to support and guide you through the revalidation journey. Our appraisers are NMC-registrants who will also complete your reflective discussions with you.
Nurse managers are always available to guide you on the revalidation requirements.
For further details on Revalidation, please visit the NMC website links below:
NMC Revalidation: http://revalidation.nmc.org.uk/
Your Online NMC Account: https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/nmc-online